Our Family

Our Family

Monday, February 21, 2011

Sleeping peacefully....

So I am sitting here with Cory in his room. They have transferred him back over to the main hospital in preparation for the surgery tomorrow to fuse two vertebrate in his neck. He was very apprehensive about the surgery. He kept telling everyone that they were going to "cut his throat!". Definitely not the right visual image that I want him to have.
I explained the surgery again. A ward member from our home ward called me to share that she had had it done (actually sounded like more than what Cory is getting!) and that she had no pain from it. He got a blessing from the Elders earlier and he still was unsettled about it all. Linda was even a little worked up over seeing Cory so distraught. 
So finally, I had Cory help me give his mom a Priesthood blessing. Then, I gave Cory a father's blessing. He has been relaxed ever since. 
I honestly believe, it is only when we start serving others that we can quit worrying about our own problems and concerns. President Thomas S. Monson has said,“We are the Lord's hands here upon the earth, with the mandate to serve and to lift His children. He is dependent upon each of us.” Cory was able to be the Lord's hands, helping to provide a Priesthood blessing to his mom.
Lastly, yesterday on Sunday, I had the privilege of confirming a young woman that Elder Fife had been teaching. Cory had baptized the grandmother and taught the granddaughter. I was able to confirm her a member and give her the gift of the Holy Ghost! 
The work of the Gospel continues! There are hearts that have been softened, and testimonies strengthened. The absolute love of our Heavenly Father and his tender mercies can be felt by all that know of this experience. 
We love you all, Dave and Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment